The management of Tefen Flow & Dosing technologies will act to provide its clients proper responses for their straightforward as well as implicit needs in matters of product quality, service and prices, which will in turn award the company, its circle of clients and the final customers a substantial advantage. These objectives will be achieved, among other things, by way of maintaining a quality management system that meets the requirements of standard ISO 9001-2008, and other standards according to the requirements of its clients.
That policy will be implemented by:
- Cultivating the human factor while providing for the welfare of the employees, commitment to their safety, avoiding and preventing physical injury and observing the proper health of the employees.
- Complete responsiveness to the requirements of the clients and interested parties.
- Meeting supply-schedules.
- Working with suppliers and contractors that themselves meet the requirements of quality.
- Prompt response and genuine inquiry into complaints and any other kind of feed-back from clients and interested parties.
- Following legal requirements and other standards that the factory undertook.
- Treating the quality manager as a representative of the client as far as product-quality is concerned.
- Raising employee awareness and their instruction concerning their work, according to procedures and the directions.
- Bringing employees to take part in the quality processes.
The management will act to constantly improve the quality management systems by:
- Performing measurements, monitoring and improving processes.
- Conducting internal checking.
- Performing preventive and amending actions.
- Conducting management surveys, in which goals and quality-system objectives will be surveyed and set out and where their results and implications will be put to track.
- The policy will be propagated throughout the factory, will be available for interested parties, for the public, to all employees and to the employees of the factory.
- The policy will be surveyed by way of a management-survey once a year, for purposes of examining its correspondence and relevance.